148 Cottonwood Dr. Mescalero, NM 88340
Phone: (575) 464-9256 Fax: (575) 464-4055
Đổi thẻ đổi thưởng uy tínCHR Duties:
Must provide emergency care and First Aid.
- Follow guidelines provided by the CHR program, the American Red Cross/American Heart Association, issuer of CPR certification.
Provide transportation to and from HIS clinic as needed.
- Staff member must be able to assist handicapped people in wheelchairs, walkers, and other appliances while transporting. Proper utilization of infant/toddler car seat and use car seat belts.
Coordinate activities for health education, workshops and conferences for all age groups.
- Development of health programs to incorporate the Mescalero Apache culture and language.
- Provide a comprehensive culturally sensitive care in prevention of illness and health maintenance.
Coordinate and provide activities for health education in areas of Diabetes, Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Safety and Injury Prevention to include Child restraints, safety belt use etc., to all community members.
- Develop health programs, activities in prevention of illness, promotion, and maintenance of health.
Provide case management and follow-up.
- Coordinate with IHS to follow-up on patients that have been discharged from other facilities.
- Maintain management until discharged from CHR program.
Advocate on behalf of clients and link to available resources.
- Provide intake and referrals to Medicaid, Medicare programs.
- Referrals to alcohol rehabilitation center, BIA social services, Mental health programs, and the Tribal court system.
Provide health screening or assist other programs providing service.
- Select a site to do screening; encourage community members to utilize services.
- Make a proper referral.
Monitor patients and clients through home visits; maintain records and data for reporting.
- During home visits briefly assess, evaluate and identify health needs. Refer to proper service provider.
- All patient encounters are properly entered into the IHS RPMS system.
Provide health education for individuals, families, schools, groups, and the community.
- Health education will be taken into the home, school, or other facilities where the service is requested.
Keeping updated by means of attending meetings, training’s, and workshops.
- Each staff member will keep abreast of current trends in medicine via workshops to maintain their certifications.
Establish good public relations with clients in community.
- Each staff member will have good rapport with community people. Use of native Apache language is encouraged.
Provide in-service training to staff.
- Each staff member will provide in-service after returning from any training. This is another means of keeping up-to-date in current trends.
*Perform other duties as assigned.